This article is about the original Webnode editor. If your site was created in the new editor, you can go to our knowledgebase for new editor.
Tables on your site can be used for many different purposes. It can be used for recording results of sports matches, registration prices, lists of services, or opening hours amoung other things.
1. Log into Webnode, go to the site editor and open the page where you want to insert a table.
2. On this page select the “Text and Images” block (click on “Edit content”) and in the editing toolbar click the "+ Insert" button and select "Table" from the drop down menu.
3. The "Table Properties" window will open and here you can set the number of rows and columns and style of the table. After you have selected the table settings, confirm your changes by clicking on "OK".
The various styles of tables are as follows:
Modern table with header:
4. After you have created your table it is ready to be filled with data. When you right-click in a table with your mouse you can insert or delete columns, rows, or whole cells, edit the properties of the whole table, or delete the entire table.
5. Each cell can be edited using the functions that appear when you right-click the cell and selecting "Cell" (see picture).
6. To set additional properties of the table, use the second tab in "Table Properties" -> "Advanced". Here you can set a fixed width and height of the table, cell borders, table alignment, distance and cell padding for the cells. When have finished, confirm your changes by clicking "OK".
7. When you are finished editing the table, you need to save the changes to the “Text and Images” block by clicking the "Save" button.
8. Changes are immediately displayed in the web editor. Do not forget to publish the page to display the changes to your site visitors.
Tip: We recommend always creating your tables using Webnode. Table created in Word, for example, can cause serious problems with its format when viewed with different browsers.