Each type of domain has different rules when transferring to a new registrar. We have prepared for you a summary of the most important points that need to be made before transferring the domain.
1. Unlock your domain with the current domain registrar so the registrar can accept our request for the transfer. You should be able to unlock your domain through the domain's general settings. If not, please contact your registrar directly and ask them to unlock it.
2. Cancel the private registration of your domain. Check if registration data for your domain is public and if the domain is really registered to you. If not, update this information and make it accessible through the general settings of your domain or contact the registrar of your domain directly. You can check your registration data on www.whois.com.
3. Your account and WhoIS information for your domain and your registration e-mail address for your domain account should be current and make sure you have access to your e-mail. You'll receive the verification e-mail to this address confirming your request for the transfer of the domain. We recommend you not to use your domain email address as your administrative contact because you might lose access to your email services temporarily during the transfer.
4. Get a valid Authorization key or EPP Code from your current registrar. The authorization key or EPP code serves as password for the transfer of your domain to Webnode. Some registrars have a link in the settings of your domain account but if not, ask them for it directly.
5. If you use the e-mail services of the current registrar/hosting, you need to decide whether or not you want to move your e-mail boxes to Webnode. If you wish to continue using the email services of your original registrar, you will need to provide this information to us along with your domain MX records during the transfer. We will set up these records immediately after the transfer and the e-mail services will work without any problems. If you decide to use e-mail services at Webnode, don't forget to back up the contents of the e-mail boxes you have with your current provider.
Starting the transfer of your domain
After you have met the conditions for a successful transfer you are ready to move your domain to Webnode.
Note: After you have paid and started the transfer of your domain to Webnode, it's necessary to confirm your request for the domain transfer by clicking on the link in the Webnode verification email which you will receive within 24 hours from initiation of the transfer. In the new window, confirm that you are the proper owner of the domain and that you've verified the transfer.